Shreveport, La. – The decision of the SWAC Council of Presidents and Chancellors to postpone fall sports contests also postponed the 47th Annual Bayou Classic until Spring and not as it is annually played in New Orleans each November.
Today, the Bayou Classic organizers joined with school leadership from both Grambling State University and Southern University and A&M College, Mayor Adrian D. Perkins of Shreveport and Shreveport-Bossier’s Sports Commission to announce that the 47th Annual Bayou Classic would be temporarily moved to Shreveport, La.
The 47th Annual Bayou Classic will be played on Saturday, April 17, 2021, at Independence Stadium in Shreveport. More details regarding the Bayou Classic will be released at a future date.
The Bayou Classic is the annual legendary football game between Grambling State University and Southern University. The Bayou Classic has proven to be a steadfast beacon of legacy and tradition that extends beyond the HBCU community. Fans from across the nation journey to witness the electrifying football game between Grambling and Southern, while eagerly awaiting the highly anticipated halftime show featuring two of the greatest marching bands in the nation.
Due to the substantial scope of the Phase 2 renovation work to begin in January 2021 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, the annual home of the Bayou Classic, this rescheduled annual matchup between the Grambling Tigers and the Southern Jaguars had to be temporarily moved to another location. This is a one-time, temporary move of location, similar to 2005 following Hurricane Katrina when the Bayou Classic was played in Houston, Texas.
The 48th Annual Bayou Classic is scheduled to be held in New Orleans in November 2021 as traditionally done each year.
“The Bayou Classic is a long-standing tradition that we are excited to have come to Shreveport. We are proud to be a part of ensuring the continuity of this game that spans decades,” said Mayor Perkins. “Southern and Grambling both have a rich history that is woven through families across this state. Alumni and fans in North Louisiana will be thrilled to see the Jaguars and Tigers battle in Independence Stadium.”
Independence Stadium is owned by the City of Shreveport and is the home of the Independence Bowl, a post-season National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)-sanctioned Division I college football bowl game.
“Along with the leadership at both universities, we are excited to bring the Bayou Classic to Shreveport in April,” said Dottie Belletto, President and CEO of NOCCI (New Orleans Convention Company, Inc.), the event management firm for the 47th Annual Bayou Classic. “Each year the Bayou Classic fans ‘Experience the Power’ of this event and these two remarkable HBCUs, and we are thrilled that we can still bring that to the fans.”
“We always look forward to playing Southern in the Bayou Classic each year,” said Grambling State University President Richard Gallot. “While we won’t be able to do so at the Superdome, we are thankful to Mayor Perkins, the Shreveport Sports Commission, Caddo Parish Commission and other local sponsors for extending the opportunity to continue this tradition in their city.”
“As we strive together to stay safe and healthy during this time of uncertainty, we are looking forward to enjoying the return of our sports programs next Spring and to welcoming back our loyal fans to support our teams and student athletes. We are especially excited to reschedule our longstanding Bayou Classic football game. A huge thank you to Mayor Perkins, the City of Shreveport, and the Shreveport-Bossier Sport Commission, who are working in collaboration with our Bayou Classic partners to temporarily host the largest black college football game showcasing HBCU talent and achievement. We look forward to a successful game and an exciting interim venue in north Louisiana,” said SU System President Ray L. Belton.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 21, 2020
WITH SWAC DECISION, THE ANNUAL BAYOU CLASSIC POSTPONED UNTIL SPRING
A statement from the organizers of the Annual Bayou Classic
NEW ORLEANS – With the decision of the SWAC Council of Presidents and Chancellors to postpone fall sports contests, we are reviewing options for the 47th Annual Bayou Classic that was to be played in November 2020. The 47th Annual Bayou Classic has been postponed until Spring and will not be played in November 2020.
The organizers of Bayou Classic agree with SWAC’s decision as the health, safety and well-being of our student-athletes, coaches, administrators, team staff, campus faculty, fans and supporters are our top priority.
And while, Fall football and the Annual Bayou Classic are cultural staples, the organizers of Bayou Classic commit to developing a plan so this important historic tradition continues when it is safe to do so.
With the planned move of SWAC football to the Spring, we remain optimistic that the iconic Bayou Classic, ranked as the #1 HBCU Classic in the nation, will be played between Southern University and Grambling State University at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans at some time in the future.
Until then we ask for all Bayou Classic fans to stay safe, wear your mask in public and follow Centers for Disease Control guidelines to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We will get past this national pandemic and will celebrate all of our HBCUs traditions – including the Bayou Classic – in an even bigger way.
(504) 458-5866 – for phone or text
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 18, 2020
PLANS FOR THE ANNUAL BAYOU CLASSIC STILL BEING DECIDED
A joint statement from the leaders of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Southern University and Grambling State University
NEW ORLEANS – The location of the 47th Annual Bayou Classic has not changed. While statements have been made about the future of Bayou Classic and its location of play in 2020 and 2021, those statements were unofficial.
Decisions about the Bayou Classic will not be made until after The Southwestern Athletics Conference Council of Presidents and Chancellors have a late June meeting where matters related to Fall sports will be discussed.
We remain optimistic that the iconic Bayou Classic, ranked as the #1 HBCU Classic in the nation, will be played in November between Southern University and Grambling State University at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.
About the LSED:
The Louisiana Stadium and Exposition District is a state agency/political subdivision comprised of seven members appointed by the governor. The board’s primary purpose is to plan, finance, construct, develop, maintain and operate facilities located within the District for events of public interest. The LSED is responsible for the John A. Alario Sr. Event Center, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Smoothie King Center, New Orleans Saints Training Facility, TPC Louisiana and the Shrine on Airline. For more information, visit www.lsedgov.com.
# # #
(504) 458-5866 – for phone or text
Dear Bayou Classic Family,
As of today, an official decision has not been reached as it relates to the 47th Annual Bayou Classic scheduled for November 28, 2020. At this point, we are moving forward with 2020 planning as usual, and we will be prepared for any decision that is reached by officials.
The Bayou Classic team will remain in constant contact with local and state officials as well as the administrations of Southern University and Grambling State University. We will continue to keep everyone informed as we receive more information.
The health and safety of our community is our top priority.
Any bag, purse, or briefcase MUST be clear and cannot exceed 12″x12″x6″ (LxWxH). Small clutch bags will be permitted at a maximum size of 4.5″x6.5″ and do not have to be clear. An exception will be made for medical bags once inspected. These rules will apply for ALL Bayou Classic events at the Superdome.
Due to construction hazards along Canal Street, the Bayou Classic Parade will take a new route to the Superdome this year. The parade will go down N Peters and cross Canal – and go down Tchoupitoulas past the Doubletree, August, Mother’s, to Poydras Street. The parade will go down Poydras Street and end at the corner of Poydras St. and Loyola Ave.
PLANNING TO APPLY FOR A P&G POSITION? WHEN YOU DO, YOU CAN ALSO ENTER THE BAYOU CLASSIC’S P&G / CREST / OLD SPICE / GAIN FIELD GOAL CHALLENGE
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Sweepstakes Timing: The 46th Bayou Classic P&G Field Goal Challenge (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on 10/17/2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 11/15/2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 states of the United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of the last day of the month prior to date of entry and are currently an enrolled student in either Grambling State University or Southern University (each, a “University”). Employees of The Procter & Gamble Distributing LLC (the “Sponsor”), their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, including Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”) and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Sweepstakes. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. You may enter the Sweepstakes by visiting www.pgcareers.com and applying for an internship or full time position to earn one (1) entry into the Grand Prize drawing. You need only to apply to receive the entry. You will automatically earn one (1) entry if you have applied for an internship prior to the start date of the Sweepstakes Period. Limit one (1) entry per person. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 11/15/2019 to be eligible. Any attempt by any entrant to enter by using multiple/different email addresses, mailing addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system to participate online is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet/phone access and data/usage charges imposed by your online/phone service may apply.
4. Privacy: Trust is a cornerstone of Sponsor’s corporate mission and the success of their business depends on it. Sponsor is committed to maintaining your trust by protecting personal information they collect about you. Click here for the full details of Sponsor’s Privacy Statement: https://www.pg.com/privacy/english/privacy_statement.shtml.
5. Random Drawings: Two (2) winners will be selected (one Grambling State University winner and one Southern University winner) in separate random drawings on or about 11/18/2019 from among all eligible entries received per University. Odds of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received per University.
6. Grand Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) and Field Goal Opportunity: Two (2) Grand Prizes [one (1) per University]: Each winner will receive one (1) ticket to the Bayou Classic – Grambling State vs Southern game at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, LA on Saturday, 11/30/2019 (“Game”) and a Sponsor specified jersey. The ARV of each Grand Prize is $105. Each Grand Prize winner will also receive the opportunity to go onto the field during the Game and kick a field goal through the post with a regulation football (provided by Sponsor) from the stated distance (“field goal”) for the chance to win an additional prize. If both winners successfully kick the field goal, they will each receive $1,000, awarded in the form of a check. If only one (1) winner successfully kicks the field goal, they will receive $2,000, awarded in the form of a check. If a winner does not successfully kick the field goal they will not receive any additional prize. No practice tries will be allowed. Winners must follow all directions provided at the Game in order to participate in the field goal. Winners will need to complete a W-9 tax form provided by Sponsor if they successfully kick a field goal and win an additional prize.
Grand Prize does not include transportation to the Game. Seat locations at the Game shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to a winner who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the Game. No transfer, substitution, resale or cash equivalent for Grand Prize (or portion thereof) will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor due to Grand Prize unavailability for any reason, including but not limited to, cancellation of the Game/field goal, scheduling conflicts; and, in such circumstance, an alternate prize/prize component of equal value (or equal intrinsic value) will be awarded and the Sponsor’s obligation to the winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided. In the event a winner does not show up for the Game, an alternate winner will be randomly selected for the opportunity to kick the field goal. No responsibility or liability is assumed for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of Grand Prize (or portion thereof). All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Acceptance of the Grand Prize/additional prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Acceptance of a Prize shall constitute winner’s agreement and consent to Sponsor and its designees’ use of Winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, and/or prize information in connection with this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Attributes”), for promotional, advertising or other purposes, in any manner perpetually, worldwide, royalty-free, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further compensation, notification, permission or other consideration, (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Sponsor and its designees’ from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
7. Winner notification: The potential Prize winners will be notified by email on or about the drawing date specified above. The potential Prize winners will be emailed an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and a Publicity Release (where legal) which he/she will be required to sign and return via e-mail within forty-eight (48) hours of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from among all eligible entrants, time permitting.
8. General rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entries become the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the website or the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the website or Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address provided on the on-screen entry form. Proof of entering information via the website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. Sponsor (as identified in these Official Rules) is not responsible for the failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet or at any website. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes or website may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes or website, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Sweepstakes, and select the Grand Prize winners from among all eligible entries received per University prior to cancellation. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the entrant agrees that Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or parts thereof, if applicable or participation in the Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes, field goal or related activity. By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
9. Governing Law: The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Ohio, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Ohio and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state or federal courts in Ohio. You agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Ohio; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (c) notwithstanding the foregoing, you waive the right to claim any damages, whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages.
10. Winners: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope with your complete name and mailing address to: The 46th Bayou Classic P&G Field Goal Challenge Winners, 100 Marcus Drive, Dept: MF, Melville, NY 11747.
11. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is The Procter & Gamble Distributing LLC, One P&G Plaza, Cincinnati, OH 45202. The Administrator of the Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
NEWS: Media Credentials for the 46th Annual Bayou Classic
Application process now open for both the Bayou Classic gameday and Greek Show/Battle of the Bands.
The online media credential application process for the 46th Annual Bayou Classic gameday and Battle of the Bands & Greek Show is open. The application is available in the News section of mybayouclassic.com or by clicking HERE. If link does not work, please visit https://forms.gle/9dZodAZjcna67YcRA.
Media credential requests will be reviewed by the Bayou Classic media team, including the Sports Information Directors from both Southern University & Grambling State University. Applying for credentials does not constitute approval of requested credentials. Approved credentials will be emailed to media in advance of this year’s Bayou Classic.
The deadline for applying is Monday, October 21, 2019.
The 46th Annual Bayou Classic game will be played on Saturday, November 29 at The Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans. The Battle of the Bands & Greek Show will be held on Friday, November 30 also at The Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
For more information regarding the 46th Annual Bayou Classic or the week of ancillary events, visit www.mybayouclassic.com. You can also sign up for media updates on the site under the “Join our email list” in the bottom right corner of the home page – make sure to mark the “Media” check box.
NEW ORLEANS, LA – Comedian, actress and television host Sheryl Underwood has been named an ambassador of the upcoming 46th Annual Bayou Classic which is set to take place in November. Best known as the co-host of the Emmy-award-winning, CBS-television-show “The Talk,” Underwood is committed to using her visibility and influence in positive ways. She is Founder & Chief Executive Officer of the Pack Rat Foundation for Education (PRFFE, 501c3) and is currently raising money to support Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and the students committed to pursuing a higher education.
The Bayou Classic, ranked as the #1 HBCU Classic in the nation, is the iconic collegiate gridiron matchup between Southern University and Grambling State University, which will take place the Saturday after Thanksgiving in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans. Tickets are now on sale for the 46th Annual Bayou Classic and the Greek Show & Battle of the Bands.
“It is an honor and privilege to be an Ambassador for the 46th Annual Bayou Classic – the granddaddy of all football classics,” said Sheryl Underwood, Ambassador for the 46th Annual Bayou Classic. “From our earliest beginnings we knew that higher education was the key to jobs and freedom. Our families wanted more for their children which led many to HBCUs.”
Underwood is co-host of “The Talk,” watched by an average of 3+ million viewers per day, and co-hosted the 2017, 2018 and 2019 Daytime Emmy Awards, is a much sought-after entertainer and public speaker who is described as one of the world’s brightest contemporary humorists.
Underwood is owner and Chief Executive Officer of Pack Rat Productions, Inc. and is the 23rd International President of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. – the only full-time entertainer to ever hold the sorority’s highest post.
Underwood will help promote the Bayou Classic nationally through channels including, all 388 affiliates of Sheryl Underwood Radio and all national media appearances. As the ambassador, Underwood will be a judge in the annual Bayou Classic Greek Show and all eyes will be on her as she is honored and recognized during the Bayou Classic game.
Underwood, born in Little Rock, Arkansas, joined the television show “The Talk” on CBS television for the start of season two. With Underwood at the table, “The Talk,” received its first Daytime Emmy for Best Talk Show and another Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Talk Show/Entertainment and multiple Emmy nominations. In 2017, “The Talk” received a record eight Daytime Emmy Nominations, tying with TV host Ellen DeGeneres, with Underwood and her co-hosts of “The Talk” winning Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Hosts. Underwood, who has received numerous awards and accolades, was named one of the 10 most influential talk show hosts on Twitter in 2012 and currently has more than one million social media followers. As part of “The Talk” hosting team, Underwood received a 2016 People’s Choice Award for “Favorite Daytime TV Hosting Team,” a 2016 NAACP Image Award for “Outstanding Talk Series” and a 2017 nomination in the same category and is a KJLH (Los Angeles) Proven Achiever 2018 honoree.
“For 46 years friendships, marriages and bragging rights could be witnessed at the Bayou Classic! The Battle of the Bands…The Greek Show…The food, the fun and the game!!!…The Bayou Classic welcomed everyone,” added Underwood. “The Bayou Classic tradition lives on and with this long-term relationship we can coalesce our resources to continue to open doors for anyone who wants to realize their dreams at an HBCU!”
The 46th Annual Bayou Classic is scheduled for Saturday, November 30, 2019. The game is prefaced by other great events to celebrate HBCUs role in our education system – the BizTech Challenge (Friday), the Greek Show & Battle of the Bands (Friday), Doc Griggs 2x Around the Dome (Saturday), the Bayou Classic Parade (Saturday) and the Bayou Classic Fan Festival (Saturday).
“Sheryl is a savvy businesswoman, philanthropist and a multi-faceted, multi-media entrepreneur who is recognized as one of the most articulate, well-informed women of our time. As a fan, I am tremendously excited to have Sheryl to welcome the world to the Bayou Classic,” said Dottie Belletto, President and CEO of NOCCI. “We have a unique opportunity to continue to demonstrate Bayou Classic as the #1 HBCU classic in the country through the channels that Sheryl provides. Her excitement is contagious and only matched by her love and admiration for HBCUs and the education it provides our young professionals.”
You can “Experience the Power” of Bayou Classic now – tickets are now on sale for the 46th Annual Bayou Classic. Bayou Classic fans may also purchase tickets for the ever-popular Battle of the Bands & Greek Show to be held on Friday, November 29, 2019 in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Tickets, which are available on every seating level of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, can be purchased at:
The My Bayou Classic website (www.MyBayouClassic.com)
New Orleans Arena Box Office (1501 Girod Street, New Orleans)
The Grambling State University Ticket Office
The Southern University Ticket Office (F.G. Clark Activity Center, 801 Harding Blvd., Baton Rouge)
Ticket prices for the 2019 Bayou Classic Football Game range from $16-50. Tickets for the Greek Show & Battle of the Bands starts at $20 with options for VIP experiences.
ABOUT BAYOU CLASSIC
The legendary football game between Grambling State University and Southern University celebrates its 46th year in November 2019. The Bayou Classic has proven to be a steadfast beacon of legacy and tradition that extends beyond the HBCU community. Fans from across the nation journey to New Orleans during Thanksgiving weekend to witness the electrifying football game between Grambling State and Southern, while eagerly awaiting the highly anticipated halftime show featuring two of the greatest marching bands in the nation. For more information, visit www.mybayouclassic.com.
Tickets for the 46th Annual Bayou Classic go on sale today, Monday, April 8, 2019.
The Bayou Classic, ranked as the #1 HBCU Classic in the nation, is the iconic collegiate gridiron matchup between Southern University and Grambling State University, which will take place on Saturday, November 30, 2019 in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
Bayou Classic fans may also purchase tickets for the ever-popular Battle of the Bands & Greek Show to be held on Friday, November 29, 2019 in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
Tickets, which will be available on every seating level of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, can be purchased at:
- The My Bayou Classic website (www.MyBayouClassic.com)
- Ticketmaster (http://www.ticketmaster.com)
- New Orleans Arena Box Office (1501 Girod Street, New Orleans)
- The Grambling State University Ticket Office
- The Southern University Ticket Office (F.G. Clark Activity Center, 801 Harding Blvd., Baton Rouge)
Ticket prices for the 2019 Bayou Classic Football Game range from $16-50. Tickets for the Greek Show & Battle of the Bands starts at $20 with options for VIP experiences.
Event management firm, New Orleans Convention Company, Inc. (NOCCI), will once again be the management team for the 46th Annual Bayou Classic. NOCCI has been the event management firm for the series of events for the last nine years. NOCCI will once again manage the planning, marketing and execution for all Bayou Classic events held in New Orleans the week of Thanksgiving.
“We are eagerly planning the 46th Annual Bayou Classic and are extremely proud to be part of the power that is Bayou Classic this year,” said Dottie Belletto, President and CEO of NOCCI. “We will build upon our many accomplishments over the past nine years, so that all EXPERIENCE THE POWER that is Bayou Classic.”
Bayou Classic also officially announced the theme of this year’s series of events – “Experience the Power.”
Every year, the Bayou Classic team sets out to choose a theme that encompasses the whole experience, encouraging “cross-pollination” between all who attend – including our HBCU colleges leadership, alumni groups, students, entrepreneurs, football lovers, business people, political leaders and many more individuals that experience Bayou Classic.
“A big reason we’re excited about “Experience the Power” is precisely because we think it’s accessible to the everyone,” added Belletto. “After all, everyone who attends the Bayou Classic experiences the power of this Classic. Maybe that power is felt physically here in New Orleans. But maybe you’re somewhere else – maybe somewhere digitally, thanks to the power of technology and our NBC Sports broadcast. No matter where you are those that intersect with the #1 HBCU Classic in the nation experience a powerful force…a positive force…one that brings our whole community together as one.”
The first iteration of the new theme is in the launch of new graphics for this year’s Bayou Classic.